15 Inspirational Travel Quotes to Fuel Your Wanderlust
Travelling is one of the greatest sources of pure magic. It’s a soul searcher, a healer, and a provider of inspiration, incredible memories and probably some of the deepest human connections you’ll ever experience. And no, we promise we’re not exaggerating.
Here are fifteen of our favourite inspirational travel quotes that will probably have you reaching for your suitcase before you can say holiday. And why on earth not?! Because, after all, there’s a whole world out there!
1. Travel is the only thing that makes you richer.
2. Adventure is worthwhile. – Aesop
3. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine
4. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
5. To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted. – Bill Bryson
6. A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
7. The more I travelled the more I realised that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends. – Shirley MacLain
8. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
9. Travel makes you modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Gustave Flaubert
10. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai Lama
11. Travel is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station’. – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
12. Travelling – it leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta
13. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow. – Anita Desai
14. I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. – Mary Anne Radmacher
15. Travel far enough, you meet yourself. – David Mitchell
Ready to live your fullest travel life this summer? Join us for an unforgettable sailing holiday in the Mediterranean.