17 reasons why Croatia needs to be added to your travel wish list!
The beauty of Croatia has to be seen to be believed. Here are 17 reasons why you need to add Croatia to your travel wish list RN.
1. The glittering turquoise waters
Immersing yourself into the crystal-clear Croatian water is other-worldly and one of those experiences you can’t quite believe is real.
2. The beaches are something special
With the sound of rippling waves acting as your perfect holiday soundtrack, the white sandy beaches are the perfect place to spend an afternoon.
3. It’s beautiful on the inside too
Venturing inland reveals Croatia’s stunning Unesco-protected national parks.
4. You don’t have to choose between a relaxing holiday and an action-packed adventure
From stand-up paddle boarding to zip-wires there’s something to suit everyone’s inner adventurer, before relaxing on the boat reminiscing over the day’s escapades.
5. The climate
As one of the sunniest places in Europe, Croatia experiences over twelve hours of glorious sunshine daily during the summer!
6. It had a starring role in Game of Thrones
And who doesn’t want to explore King’s Landing, Meereen or the Red Keep’s gardens?
7. The rich history
With stone-age sites and Roman ruins to explore, the walls will quite literally share stories of Croatia’s past with you.
8. The food
Feast in family-run establishments or sample a selection of adventurous dishes created by a host of innovative chefs.
9. It’s home to numerous award winning vineyards
And that means the wine selection is impeccable.
11. And don’t forget to look down
Because you might catch a glimpse of a pod of playful dolphins.
12. Your bank balance won’t hate you at the end of your trip
With meals for two (including award-winning wine) in beautiful restaurants costing under £30, you can travel in style.
13. You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to icecream
Chocolate, lemon, kinder beuno, ferrero rocher, mango, strawberries and cream, pistachio, rum and raisin…YUM (and that’s just to name a few of the flavours on offer)!
14. The picturesque red roofs
Believe us, you won’t be able to get enough of Dubrovnik’s radiant red roofs.
15. The culture is as wonderful as it is diverse
From churches tucked away in old towns to the organ that makes music using the ocean, running out of things to do is an impossibility.
16. And the nightlife isn’t bad either
From rooftop cocktail bars to clubs on private islands, you’ll be spoilt for choice when deciding where to go out each night.
17. The spectacular sunsets
Words cannot capture their ethereal beauty, they do all of the talking all on their own.
Added Croatia to your travel wish list yet? Check out our sailing trips and set sail in 2017 from £447 per person.